Saturday, January 14, 2006

God Whispers to the Heart

God speaks to us in whispers
Whispers that flow across our hearts
Ever searching for a brokenness of will
Searching for an entrance into our hardness...
For God so longs to commune with our hearts
To dwell as our King, our Saviour, our Friend
On the throne of our hearts
To be so very close to us
That we can hear him whisper...
God speaks to us in whispers
Knowing that to speak otherwise
Would be thunderous, majestic, mortifing,
And in knowing our fragility
That it would destroy us
God then limits himself to a whisper...
When our hearts are still
When our minds are quiet
It is then that we hear
The mind of the spirit
As it whispers to our hearts...
It whispers...
'Open your heart to me
For opening your heart will expose
The broken thoughts, tattered lies
Painful memories that you've chosen to believe in...
Open your heart to me and I will set you free
I will fill your mind with peace and heal your brokenness
Open your heart to me...'
It whispers...
'Trust me
Trust me with your life
With your hopes
With your dreams
With your fears
With your doubts
Trust me
I will never leave you nor will I ever forsake you
You belong to me
Trust in me...'

Open your heart and let go...
Open your hearts and let God...
Whisper to you. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Byrd said...

Thanks Cadence for your encouragement!

15:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home