Thursday, September 28, 2006

Great Peace and God's Word

Those who love Your law have great peace, and nothing causes them to stumble. Psalm 119:165

There seems to be a correlation between having peace and a love for the Word of God. A love so strong that stumbling does not occur. At least for me this stings… because I stumble from time to time… It is often that I fail the grace of God and that troubles me, as it should…

Is that because my love for God’s Word is not strong enough? I believe so.

What about you?

It is with such introspection that God’s Word moves us. We are at first moved, our hearts are stirred, and our temporary peace comes face to face with God’s holiness. A holiness that shines so bright and burns our hearts so that we find our hearts troubled. And that is a good thing.

For hopefully the troubling of our hearts will lead us to seek comfort and comfort often begins with an honest acceptance of ourselves. This review then leads us to repentence and repentence clears our hearts and minds and souls.

Many will not take this journey. It is painful. Our sin is exposed and we have to come to grips with our selves and our relation with Almighty God. It is a fearful thing to view yourself in the mirrow of God’s Word and it is humbling.

And in humility… at the foot of the cross… there is grace, comfort, and peace.

‘Thank you Father for your Word that brings peace of mind and heart. Thank you for it’s brightness that exposes my darkness and leads my heart to the cross of Christ.’