Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Enduring the Trial

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4

I don’t know about you but it is not apart of my nature to ‘consider it all joy’ when going through a trial. I either get as grouchy as a bear or I cry like a baby... ‘enduring’ and allowing the heat of a trial to make me perfect… (more mature) is typically not my way of handling a trial. I don’t know about you but there’s just something within me that wants to… run… and run fast when… life hits the fan!

Staying the course is never easy. Doing that which is right is much harder than doing the easy… the simple… the quick-fix. Enduring the fire is never popular, almost always lonely, filled with no celebration, and requires more than we can give.

That is why we pray. (James 1:5) We pray and ask God for wisdom, for mercy, and for help… no one of us is perfect… none of us have reached God’s intended height of maturity in our lives… we all… daily depend on the help of heaven to get us through another day…

God knows what you are going through today. He knows that on your own you will never reach the fullness of character that he intends. God knows that your greatest strength comes through depending on him. The trial… the test… is not as important… as how close you are walking with him… today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home