Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Lord Will Help You

For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, Do not fear, I will help you Isaiah 41:13

The Lord helps and heals. He came from heaven to live… to experience… and understand… the human plight… our plight.

For years I thought that God was out to get me. I thought that he was always angry with me… always judging… basically against me. It was up to me to live righteously… if I couldn’t then… well, I was on my own.

Many view their Heavenly Father in such a light… maybe its because their earthly Fathers mistreated them… or its some wrong-headed teaching they’ve received.

The truth is God loves you. So much so that he gave his son as a ransom… as a replacement… as a sacrifice… for you… for me. God’s not against us… he’s for us.

The Lord helps his children but we need to ask for help. David knew this and did this is the Psalms…

Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but you. Psalm 5:2

But you see the trouble and grief they cause. You take note of it and punish them. The helpless put their trust in you. You defend the orphans. Psalm 10:14

Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them. Psalm 10:17
[ A prayer of David. ] O Lord, hear my plea for justice. Listen to my cry for help. Pay attention to my prayer, for it comes from honest lips. Psalm 17:1
Our Heavenly Father is not ‘out to get us’… he’s out to help us… when we recognize our great need for him…


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home