Friday, July 10, 2009

In the Presence of God

If I'd have given in and talked like this, I would have betrayed your dear children. Still, when I tried to figure it out, all I got was a splitting headache . . . Until I entered the sanctuary of God. Then I saw the whole picture: The slippery road you've put them on, with a final crash in a ditch of delusions. In the blink of an eye, disaster! A blind curve in the dark, and—nightmare! We wake up and rub our eyes....Nothing. There's nothing to them. And there never was. When I was beleaguered and bitter, totally consumed by envy, I was totally ignorant, a dumb ox in your very presence. I'm still in your presence, but you've taken my hand. You wisely and tenderly lead me, and then you bless me. (Psalm 73:15-24)

In the presence of God the hurt, the bitterness and the pain seem to go away. The pain is still there, it lingers, but once we’ve emptied our hearts before the God of all heaven and earth. When tears touch our cheeks and when sins are forgiven what once troubled our hearts so… fades. There is nothing like being alone with your Heavenly Father, your God and your King.

What people think. What people say. What others are doing becomes so insignificant once grace fills you heart before the throne of your merciful Father. The bondage of fear is replaced by the sheer awesomeness of Christ on the throne, surrounded by innumerable angels, floor like crystal-glass, and the call to worship of “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come” (Revelation 4:8).

In all that you go through God is with you. God is for you, he is your strength, your hope, and your confidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home