Saturday, December 04, 2010

Fear Not

“Fear not: for I am with you: be not dismayed: for I am your God: I will strengthen you: yes, I will help you: yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness” Isa. 41:10

You know… these are great words. I don’t know about you but in simply reading them I feel strengthened and more encouraged. The God of the universe is so interested in you and me that from His throne He would promise – ‘hey, don’t worry about it, I’ve got your back’.

First, this lets me know that God understands you and I. He knows that we fear. And yes, we fear-reflect for a moment…………what do you fear? Then hear God thunder, “Fear Not!” Wow, what do you think of whatever you were afraid of? (For, I said in past tense ‘were’ ) – the very Word of God drives that fear away-doesn’t it?

But God doesn’t leave a void. He Christ says “for I am with you.” He takes away… to give back. Then God says, “be not dismayed for I am your God.” God is saying, don’t be down, don’t be discouraged. Why? “For I am your God.” I take that as saying, you belong to me and I belong to you and also, that God’s in absolute control. That helps because sometimes-work-and-this-world-and-people-sometimes-are-just-crazy. And all of this affects you and me until it feels like everything is out of control and we just want to shout, ‘hey, who’s in charge here’? God is saying, He is.

Next, God promises that he will give you strength; He will help you, and he will uphold you. Notice that God doesn’t take you out of the situation but he promises… God gives His word… that he will give you strength enough, help enough, and hold your head over the surging craziness high enough, so that you can endure, persevere, and help you meet the challenge before you-through Him.

So, “Fear Not” for fear kills our hearts, our joy, and our ability to trust… and in the crazy world that we live in it is the utmost comfort to trust in God and know, he’s got your back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home