Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Being Thankful

Phillipians 4:4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
You know, God is faithful and good and just wonderful. Recently, I've gone through a little trial and in that trial I just could not see how a good thing could come from it. I sought counsel from family and friends... still no relief. But then I remembered a Biblical principle that God taught me when I was just 20. That is to be thankful. The Bible says in Ephesians 5:20"always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." That is quite a concept when you ponder it over... to give thanks go God regardless of your circumstances or the outcome of... your unknown problem. It may seem simple minded but I can testify that my anxiety did not get the better of me... this time. There were times when I was certainly stepping on the edge but overall I'm pretty happy with my conduct--for I know that it was Christ in me... giving me peace. And peace drives away anxiety...
So give thankfulness a try... at first it seems kinda crazy, being thankful for something that is so very unthankful but remember who's kid you are and who you belong to and who's in charge of everything anyway? Does not God have you life in his hand-turning in events around you... only for your good? Truly God knows, truly we have much to be thankful for!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shaun Sells said...

Michael -

I am curious if you will be able to maintain your blog while you are deployed? Either way, it is a blessing to see you passing on your words of encouragement.

08:32  
Blogger Michael Byrd said...

Pastor,
I'm just trying to follow your example and do this ministry that God's placed on my heart! I'll get-er-done! :) [with God's help-of course]!

17:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home