Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Moses Weakness

Moses cried as a baby. This cry helped to save his life. Throughout his adult life Moses’ self-inflected weakness was his lack of self confidence when it came to speaking. Who’s to say if he suffered from some sort of a speech-impediment? A possibility, but probably not the case. God’s got a sense of humor though… for the man’s weakness became his career. That which he feared most, he was called to do. Why would God call on a person’s weakness and have them minister in that weakness; maybe to prove his power and his greatness, regardless of human inadequacy?

I can relate some-what; since I went through about a dozen speech teaches in grade and high school. I don’t know about you but when I got teased and then taunted and then beat-up a couple of times in school I tended to be pretty shy with my speaking. I would take it out on an typewriter and paper for they did not hit back and alone with the ‘clicking’ I felt that I could speak loudly and clearly, even if no one heard. To this day I would much rather write than speak... so, I can appreciate how Moses felt from time to time. He felt weak.

We all have weaknesses. We all have places within us that we are unsure of or that we are afraid of. We don’t like for those weak, hurtful points to be exposed. Have you got scars from the past? Sure you do, we all do. You can’t live in a sinful world that serves up hate to not ‘get-your-ears-bent’ a time or two...

It took a lifetime for me to get over a bunch of scars. Some of them had festered and that required some spiritual surgery, others I confronted and they slowly melted away. Believe-you-me, the process is still on-going. God’s not finished with you yet, or with me. I’ve given up on ole’ Michael a thousand times but God never has. God will never give up on you, because he sees too much potential, in our weakness. For it’s there that we need God and there we will find him.

Hebrews 11:
Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,[34] Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.[35] Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:[36] And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home