Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wait on the Lord

Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:14


There is nothing like times of indecision. Those times when a decision needs to be made and yet you simply do not know… the best course of action. The best course of action being the Lord’s will and not our own.

Waiting… not knowing… can be fearful… can be frightening… on our own. Waiting on the Lord tests our faith in him… our trust in him. The closer our hearts are to the Lord the more peace and contentment we will have... the more courage we have.

When our hearts are right with the Lord… we then don’t mind waiting… we are content in basking in the Lord’s presence… the importance of our decision… the torment of our indecision fades when our hearts are pure… when a melody of praise touches our lips… when God’s Word is sweet… when quiet courage rests our troubled minds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Inside our hands, outside our hearts said...

I hear you and I am listening. I know what I believe and I know like many I waver. But sometimes, I see people that have everything and deserve nothing and they are happy.

I watch and listen as the family that abused me has no worries and yet I am filled with them. I do not envy them for to do that would make me like them, but I wonder why bad are allowed to go on living in peace and others suffer.

17:13  
Blogger Michael Byrd said...

The Biblical Job asked many the same questions... see Job 21 or http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job%2021%20;&version=49;

I believe that some of your questions will be answered by Job 21. Other questions can and will be answered as your seek them out in God's Word. He left his Word to us so that we could seek out hard and heart questions and there find an answer.

Having a heart that asks questions is a wonderful and blessed thing. So many ask no questions and therefore they believe anything.

The first thing to ask your heart is your personal relationship to Jesus Christ. Is Christ your Savior... have you given your heart and life to him... is he your Lord?

You may or may not have heard this before but happiness belongs to you. No one else can give it to you... happiness is something that you have to decide to acquire on your own. Paul the Apostle was happy and singing... will chained-up and in jail... happiness is a very fleeting emotion... joy, on the other hand is not... joy in the Lord is everlasting...

18:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home