Friday, July 27, 2007

Believing that God is

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

One thing my mom did for me was read God’s Word to me any time I feel ill. I remember a time when she began in Genesis and went through most of Exodus before I left the hospital with a bad case of the measles.

Her faith in God must have planted something in me for years later I refused to believe in or go along with my eighth-grade teaching on evolution. My biology grade a C-. Something’s are worth losing… some humiliations are worthy of the cost.

Is God real? That is the question that tries every man, woman, and child’s heart. The answer holds no middle ground… no fence sitting allowed.

Either we have confidence in God our Creator or we don’t. Either He is our Father in Heaven or the human race is alone… dreadfully and fearfully alone…

Yet, we are they who believe. Not in what we’ve seen or of what we’ve heard but of what is forever planted in our hearts… faith.

By faith we seek to know God; to understand Him; to learn His ways…

Our lives are transformed by knowing Him; by understanding we declare to others his wondrous and glorious ways.

And along the way our faith grows. Along the way our faith matures and begins to flourish… along the way we have no fear of speaking His name to any crowd, any where and at any time.

Along the way… we’ve found His ways to be so much better than ours… so much sweeter… so much more and so the more we seek Him.

Faith has taken hold of our hearts and we so blessed… so very, very blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home