Monday, July 09, 2007

Seeking God

I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

There is this something that resides in me that just does not want to seek help. I like to feel as if I’m in control and that I have the ability to resolve a situation on my own. There is almost nothing worse than the feeling of inadequacy or the feeling of dependency or that of fear…

Yet life happens at times and I find that I’m not in control or that I have the answers or that I’m so independent. I find that often I need to bend the knee, say a prayer, and call on the Lord for help. I find this dependency occurring most every day…

Have you learned the same thing? Have you learned the importance of seeking the Lord? How confident are you that He will hear you?

If you are like me then there are times when you begin to pray and some nagging ill thought occurs. Like you remember a sin that’s gone unforgiven… when that occurs just stop and ask the Lord to forgive you… he will you know! Has not the Lord proven His mercy time and time again to you… to me?

When we seek the Lord we are showing our dependence on Him; and like a Father to a child he will answer, he will assist, and he will bring comfort from the fears of life that come our way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home