Monday, July 02, 2007

I need thee

Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, Revelation 3:17

This morning I awoke with tears in my eyes and a song on my heart, a song of praise. “Oh how I need thee” rang over and over in my mind; this flooded over my silence, opened my mouth and I sang a tune familiar and unfamiliar to me… a song of need…

All of us, you and I have needs. Most of the time the temporary needs seem to gain the importance while our eternal needs lapse. The busyness of our day overshadows the simple reading of God’s Word, the meditation on His precepts, the memorizing of His passages. By action we speak… ‘I have no need for God’s Word’ and ‘I do not have the time’ and ‘I care not for thee’.

No time have we to pray. Our friends, our family, and those around us have needs of spirit and mind and yet we do not pray, we are too busy to pray. The flag we hold allegiance to and its nation is crumbling from moral decay and the rot of humanism and yet the saints are seemingly silent. We simply do not have time to pray. We have television programs to watch or projects to complete or ministries to advance… but who prays?

‘Oh how I need thee’
‘Oh how I need thee’
‘Holy Spirit rescue me’
‘From my sin set free’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home