Friday, June 22, 2007

Out of Egypt

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their slaves; I have broken the bands of your yoke and made you go upright. Lev 26:13

Remember God’s great mercies on your life? Recall when you were a slave of Egypt? Remember those slave-masters who tormented your life? Remember the stimulants taken as apart of your self-medication? Recall the disorder, the fights, the weariness, and the loneliness?

Remember when the Lord saved you? Remember the altar at church, the pew, and the care of others… the sinners prayer? Remember the struggle you had as a part of you wanted to be in total control but the Spirit of God gently tugged at your heart and whisper, “come unto me”?

Remember the tears of joy, the song in your heart, the laughter, and the wonder of it all…?

I do. I remember the great deliverance the Lord brought to me. How He performed miracle after miracle to move me from my old life to a new life in Him. Mostly I remember a very troubled young man, a little Gideon Bible, and my back to an old oak tree… that summer I could not read enough, hear enough, or love enough of hearing about my Savior, my Lord, His Word, and the Way of Righteousness.

It is good for us to remember where God brought us from. It is important for us to refresh our memory of our Passover when the Lamb of God saved us. Remember and now look at where you are today! How truly wonderful, gracious, and good your Father in Heaven is!

The same salvation power that translated us from darkness to His light 1 Peter 2:9 is readily available to you today. God’s not changed… maybe we have! Maybe the song in our heart is a little dull… Your Father in Heaven can restore you! Maybe the miles of this Way have left you weary… you know He can refresh you… Maybe the Bible is the last thing you think about or read lately… your Father in Heaven understands, He cares, and He invites you to start… fresh.

It’s never too late… to start fresh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home