Friday, August 17, 2007

Psalms and Prayer

“Plead my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for my help. Also draw out the spear, and stop those who pursue me. Say to my soul, “I am your salvation.” Psalms 35:1-3

This beautiful psalm, ascribed to David and also prophetically to Christ the Messiah can also, I believe, be ascribed to us as well…

Certainly, we do not have someone trying to kill us like David or Christ did. At least on the surface we don’t. Yet, spiritually we have an enemy of our souls who desires to crush us, to minimize our effect, and if possible to kill our influence. This enemy, not often spoken of anymore, is the Devil.

Why not utilize this psalm and so many more in our prayer life? Why not say: ‘Plead my cause, O Lord, with the Devil who is striving with me. Fight against him who is fighting against me. Lord, take hold of your shield and buckler, and stand up for me. Also, draw out your spear and stop the evil one who pursues me. Lord, say to my soul, I am your salvation.’

Today, the Lord understands everything that you are going through. He understands the stress and pressure that you are under. He knows the fight of faith that you are raging, the depression you might be feeling, the fear that might be grabbing hold of your heart. The Lord understands, he cares, and he loves you dearly.

You may not think that the Lord cares for you but he does. Any thought that says otherwise is a lie. You may feel as if the Lord has deserted you but feelings deceive us. When all else fails… why not read the psalms… and pray!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home