Thursday, October 18, 2007

Who Will Go?

“ Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.” Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it, and said: “ Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity is taken away, and your sin purged.” Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” Isaiah 6:5-8

Remember when you meet the Lord? Maybe it was in a church service or maybe it was alone, remember? It was a time of the greatest trial of the heart and soul.

For unknown reasons there was a fear to step forward or to bow the knee or to pray. Inside of you there was a war going on, the greatest of resistance, yet also the deepest of longing. You knew deep inside that you were a sinner and apart of yourself liked that but there was a strange stir taking place also that called you to pray, to repent, and to accept Christ as your Savior.

In a moment, your shame ceased, your fear quieted, and your sins were forgiven.

Now the years have passed and not everything has gone perfect. At times you’ve failed the grace of God, at times God’s helped you gain a victory. That which you once enjoyed you now consider awful and you stand, as best you can, for the righteousness of God. God’s changed your heart.

At the same time you’ve read His Word, you’ve gained understanding and you’ve served as best as you could. Yet, you feel, you understand … somehow… that Christ wants you to do more. You have a sense that Christ is whispering… “who will go?”

You have a heart for the lost, for the neglected, for the suffering, and for the oppressed but how to help or what to say does not readily come your way. You pray, you knock, but have you replied, “Here am I! Send me?”

Christ called you for a reason. He has work for you to do. He called you not to warm a pew but to help others, to minister to others, and to proclaim His Good News. His call may lead you to your neighbors, to your school, to your co-workers, or to a nation of people… far, far way from where you presently reside.

His call has gone forth. Will you answer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home