Friday, October 05, 2007

Enduring Hope

“So man lies down and does not rise. Till the heavens are no more, they will not awake nor be roused from their sleep. Oh, that You would hide me in the grave, that You would conceal me until Your wrath is past, that You would appoint me a set time, and remember me! If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait, till my change comes. You shall call, and I will answer You; you shall desire the work of Your hands.” (Job 14:12-15)
~

What a passage of scripture and thought! What questions and answers are given by Job! Questions that have troubled countless generations, numerous souls. Job’s question is one that mankind has asked and some continue to ask. In essence… is there hope when I die?

Job answers his own musings with a statement of faith; an outpouring of hope even in the midst of going through so very, very much.

Job continues with: “For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth; and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!” (Job 19:25-27)

Today, do you know that your Redeemer lives? He hears your prayers and answers them! His care and concern for you is deeper than mere words! His love understands all that you are going through and will go through!

At some time, you will see Him! You will live again!

Right now life is tough. Things may not be going your way but don’t quit… don’t give up on God.

As Xanda our daughter stated just the other day… “all of this that I see and hear and that I’m going through is only temporary.” “One day I will be with Christ… for eternity.”

What an attitude, what an outlook, and what a hope that she has as well as each of us. A hope found in Jesus Christ that is not dependent on what we go through, or what we see, or what we hear but what we know in our hearts. The same heart as Job, one of enduring hope!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home