Friday, October 03, 2008

Manna Moments

Exodus 16:3 “Then the Lord said to Moses, “Look, I’m going to rain down food from heaven for you…”
~
“Some folks, when they give their testimony or they give praise to God its along the big Red Sea moments were God’s helped them in a crisis. They almost never testify to his daily blessings that he gives us. In this they fail to give God the credit or the glory.”
~
“How many Red Sea moments did the Israelites have? How many Red Sea moments have you had, not many. But you have 365 manna moments a year, 365! Think about it.”
~
I woke up this morning, did I give the Lord praise? I awoke beside a beautiful woman that I love and who love me and that the Lord gave me, did I thank the Lord?
~
I shaved and took a shower and got dressed, did I thank the Lord for these manna blessings? I opened the fridge and made breakfast, did I thank the Lord for His provision? I got into my car (the car the Lord provided) and drove to work safely, did I thank him for providing my way safely?
~
I went to work that provides for my family and protects them from destitution, did I realize and recognize this and give the Lord a praise? No, I took God for granted in all these manna moments.
~
God takes care of us 365 days a year, not once a year or twice a year or once in a blue moon when there’s a crisis. The Bible says to give Him the praise and the glory and we do in those Red Sea moments but we don’t in those manna moments. I think that 99% of the blessings that he showers upon us we don’t realize and we don’t recognize… and that’s wrong.
~
Not only are we doing God a disservice because, (as we’ve been lead to believe) “if you get a chance to talk to an unsaved person, give that person your testimony, tell them what God’s done for you.” People, I think, they sit there and they go “well, there was that one time when I was little that I almost got hit with a car when I was on my bike, I guess I could testify about that.” Just tell these spiritually starving and very hurting people how Jesus Christ takes care of you every day, every day, every day, every single day!
~
I think that is why a lot of people don’t speak up and testify more often. They simply don’t appreciate fully and realize how much God really does do for them, moment by moment, day after day, manna moment after moment. The focus, too often, is on the Red Sea moments only, leaving the manna moments unrecognized, unsung, and unpraised.
~
I’ve grown too comfortable with God. With my attitude I’ve diminished His glory in the sight of the unsaved and saved alike. Like a favorite pair of shoes that I’ve taken for granted because they are always there, and they always will be there. Unfortunately, my familiarity with God… eventually breeds contempt.
~
“It’s not the Red Sea moments that win people’s heart for Christ. It’s the manna moments. It’s not the, “he’ll keep me from the fire”… It’s the, “he’ll see you through the fire and he’ll be there today, tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day after that and he’s going to take care of those days for you, the good and the bad.”
~
‘Heavenly Father, I’ve not recognized the manna moments that you’ve lovingly provided day in and day out, without fail. I’m blind to the full spectrum of the momentary goodness, love, mercy, and manna moments you so faithfully provide. Lord, forgive my self centeredness, my self attention, and my every moment unawareness of… you. Change my heart, open my eyes, and remind my mind to praise you, thank you, and honor your glory daily, in the manna moments of life. Jesus, thank you for Belinda who illuminated this manna message that lightened my heart to recognize your great love, care, and attention you bless my life… all of our lives with every day, every moment.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home