Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Asking God for Wisdom

“If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind” James 1:5-6

Whenever I’ve had the courage to ask God for wisdom, he’s always responded with help in time of need. My experience is that God is like that. He’s never shown me the future but when the future occurs he’s always been there for me. I’m sure that you can say the same thing.

Too often, at least for me, it becomes necessary that I get myself in a jam, before I really call on God for wisdom. Usually, I say or do the wrong thing at the wrong moment and I find myself in the middle of a crisis. When will I ever learn? Yet, in the midst of such times, God, in his Fatherly way, teaches, scolds, and sets me right again.

True, my pride gets burned and I’ll humble myself and apologize as best I can but always afterwards, I’m thankful and more cautious.

I’m thankful for the wondrous grace given me, the unthinkable mercy of others, and usually a start or the growth of a relationship. I’m more cautious to watch the ‘fleshly’ side of myself, the tender side of others, and the need for God’s Word planted deep within me, his wisdom ever more apart of who he’s created.

God will give you wisdom, he will help, when you believe in him and simply ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home