Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Thankful Heart

“While He was on the way to Jerusalem, He was passing between Samaria and Galilee. As He entered a village, ten leprous men who stood at a distance met Him; and they raised their voices, saying, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!" When He saw them, He said to them, " Go and show yourselves to the priests." And as they were going, they were cleansed. Now one of them, when he saw that he had been healed, turned back, glorifying God with a loud voice, and he fell on his face at His feet, giving thanks to Him. And he was a Samaritan. Then Jesus answered and said, "Were there not ten cleansed? But the nine--where are they? "Was no one found who returned to give glory to God, except this foreigner?" And He said to him, "Stand up and go; your faith has made you well." Luke 17:11-19

Today as I wrote a small entry in my prayer journal I thought of how sometimes I’m too hard on myself. Often, like so many, I see all that is un-Christ-like, all that is unworthy and if I’m not careful I dwell on it too much. Too often I pray and Christ answers and I go my way…
So today as I prepared my heart for this wonderful Thanksgiving season I simply asked for a very thankful heart. A heart that is thankful not only during this season but continually.

I recognize that I may never do a great work for our Savior… in terms of great numbers. I may never preach to hundreds or thousands. I may never have millions to give to the poor. I may never write something that gets published throughout the world and thereby bring Christ glory. But if only I can have a thankful heart. A heart that will turn around, go back to my Savior and proclaim to Him that I’m so thankful. A thankful heart that is content and overjoyed and remembers all that Christ has done, is doing, and will do. A thankful heart that loves my Lord so very, very much.

‘Father, thank you for this season of Thanksgiving. May our hearts turn towards you during this season. May we stop and turn and remember… and be thankful for your countless blessings and goodness. Give us Father, a thankful heart!’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home