Friday, October 26, 2007

My Strength and my Song

In that day you will sing: “I will praise you, O Lord! You were angry with me, but not any more. Now you comfort me. See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.” Isaiah 12:1-2

Ever feel as if the Lord is angry with you, but he’s not. His love and comfort is forever. You are His child and will forever be His child.

He may not always be pleased with you because he wants the best for you. He has a plan and a purpose for your life.

Sometimes we cut God short by our own plans and our own desires. Yet, God is patient, he is persistent, he will not give up on His plans for us. So, God works around our plans for our betterment and also God saves us from some of the mistakes that we make, but not all.

God wants us to learn to trust Him, to depend fully on Him, and to have faith in Him. Trust must be tested, dependency must be learned, and through them our faith in God grows.

Our fears are only a symptom of our lack of trust and dependency; the same can be said of our lack of victory. All demonstrate to our own listening hearts a lack of faith in God.

Yet, not always will we be lacking in faith. Not always will we struggle without victory for our God is on the throne and He cares so much, loves so much, that He will teach us to trust, to depend, and to place our faith in Him. In Him alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home