Tuesday, October 30, 2007

God is Truth

“I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.” Isaiah 45:19

Tonight, our little Bible study group embarked on our first lesson of ‘The Truth Project.’ Tonight, I was hit with the reality of God as Truth and the opposite of that, a lie. Political correctness does not indulge us to take sides… yet, in reality there are only two sides. The ‘way of truth’ or the corruption of truth, a lie. I’ve learned that everyday I slide between the two. For me, this is a revelation brought home by the light of God’s Word. With such knowledge I am on one side humbled into thankfulness and on the other mortified into horror at my own sinfulness.

A part of me shrinks at the brightness of God’s holiness. A part of me wants to run into my Heavenly Father’s loving arms. My heart needs so much more…, faith.

Maybe today you feel much the same way. You sense that inside you there’s a battle going on. On one hand Christ’s love is pulling you closer and on the other the world, your carnal flesh, and Satan is wanting to pull you into further darkness. Yet, God’s Spirit of Truth dwells within us and we know that He will lead us into the truth. We know this by faith.

By faith we know that God is on our side. True, we make mistakes, we fail at times, we make a boo-boo of just about everything on some days. Yet, we hear God’s Spirit whisper, ‘don’t quit’, ‘don’t fear’, and ‘trust in me’. Sometimes we stumble, like a child, sometimes we scrap someone else’s knee, like a child, and sometimes we need the comfort of a parent because… just because.

Our Heavenly Father gladly has shown us His Truth. It appears before us each and every day. In the clouds above, the flowers, and the birds of the air. Each day God takes care of these… He certainly will take care of your needs… today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home