Friday, February 20, 2009

Going Gray

“Youth may be admired for vigor, but gray hair gives prestige to old age.” Proverbs 20:29

Yesterday I took God’s advice and read some good jokes from a friend. They spoke of age. For me that was all the more fun as that morning I did more than shave and comb my hair I actually took a look at myself. Wow, I thought, I’m going gray, where did the time go?

Growing gray or bald or both (my case) is natural and part of life. Yet, more than the appearance is my desire for wisdom and a change of heart. I guess I’m getting old.

Like you I can recall my youth. Even as a guy I spend a lot of time in front of the mirror so that I could look my best. A great part of my life was tied up in my appearance. How times have changed. Now my time is spent looking at God’s mirror and judging my character, to look my best for Him, to honor Christ.

Some days I don’t look at the mirror and I wonder how I must appear to God. How does God view you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home