Monday, July 19, 2010

Beautiful Day

This morning and throughout this day… is a beautiful day! A beautiful day because this is a day that the Lord has made… why then should I not be glad (Psalm 118:24)? For seeing God’s goodness and given the opportunity to see His goodness is His free gift to me. Why then can I not see this? Why then is my outlook so glum? Why such a gloomy outlook?

Is it not the dark clouds of sin that whiff by and trouble my gaze upon the son of righteousness? Is it not the guilt of a misspoken word, an angry thought, or a loss of faith? Can I not trust, believe in and receive the ever mercy that is present from such a gracious and merciful Heavenly Father? Why do I hold on, carry on with these, and not relinquish all this, my burden? Why comfort myself in the swirling storm residing within my heart?

I must trust, I must believe, I must resign my heart to His goodness… even when my heart sees the darkness of my own. I must ask forgiveness in my heart, with my mouth, in my own way to Him who knows, who understands, who cares so, and who gives forgiveness so easily.

For like an early morning shower that washes the trees and grass so my Heavenly Father will wash me, cleanse me, and renew me to bask in this new day he’s created. Then the dirt in my life will be washed away. The son will shine through clouds of wispy white, touch my face, and warm my heart and I will sing his song, glory in his triumph, and marvel at his mercies.

How good is our God! What beauty he has planned for you today. A beauty found in doing, in being, in listening, and in viewing him on this… beautiful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home