Monday, September 13, 2010

Seek First His Kingdom

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matthew 6:33
I wonder sometimes-what am I doing? Where is my heart? What is my motivation? I look around and see a world falling apart and apart of me is sadden and apart of me rejoices. For apart of me wants to go home-to be with Jesus and another part of me wants to see this world return to my definition of normalcy? A part of me loves my country and it distresses me to see it falter, crumble-from-within, and slowly fall...

Yet, what is my motive? Is my motive to escape the coming Tribulation that is predicted in the Bible? For, if that is my motive then where is my heart-is it not on self-is it not on now-is it not a service out of fear?

Where should my heart be set on? Jesus, gives us the answer with “seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness”. But, what does that mean? Is that proclaiming the Good News of Christ and living a righteous life? That is what first comes to mind but there's more... much more. Another part is the residing glory, honor, and rule of Jesus Christ on this earth. To have a heart, an outlook, and live a life that is one hundred percent fully dedicated to the rule and reign of Jesus Christ in my life.

Does not this change my outlook-and my prayer life? Should not the focus of my prayer be “your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven” (Matt. 6:10)? Instead of some praying for deliverance from the temporary illness, setbacks, and trials that I and others presently face? Should I not pray for the Lord's will? Will illness come, yes. Will tribulation come, yes? And should these receive prayer, yes—but not the priority, not the overarching focus.

For who is my priority? What is my priority? Is it not to see my Lord and King receiving all the praise, all the glory, and all the honor? Or, do I want to hold a fraction of this for... myself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home