Friday, September 07, 2012

Delight in the Lord

"Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4)

You know there's a lot of ways to delight our hearts. I'm pretty fond of ice cream, the sun on my face on a cold day, and my arm around my wife. All of these warm my heart but none delight my soul like the presence of the Lord.

There is a warmth with Him that reaches deep into my soul and calms my many fears. I can be broken and bold, careful and careless, and be myself with Him for He sets me at ease. His love is eternal, gentle, and peaceful.

In times with Him I can open my heart and share the ugliness that few see and then yield these to Him. I find that I give Him my problems and He gives me grace. O how can my heart stand more of His unconditional acceptance, favor, and love. And O that I had something worthy to give to truly bless Him!

Unworthy! Unworthy! Our hearts cry out... and yet He calls us beautiful, the love of His heart, and His delight! Truly, before creation... He held this great delight in His heart - you!

All of creation, the entire universe is just a backdrop... for His heart seeks not power, not fame, not praise, but to be joined with your heart! Joining in fellowship with your heart is the central desire of Jesus - the God of Heaven and Earth! Has He not proven this desire through Moses, Abraham, the Judges, the Kings, the Temple, and His arrival - His life, death, and resurrection? He humbled Himself through the establishment of a new covenant that in essence comes down to four words, "Give me your heart" (Prov. 23:26).

"Father, turn our hearts to the sharpest degree that you become the central delight of our hearts."

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home