Wednesday, October 03, 2012

The Wonder of Jesus

"So Jesus said to him, "Unless you people see signs and wonders, you simply will not believe." John 4:48

I wonder myself at the way the heart is swayed, turned, and too often perplexed instead of trusting. Why is it so difficult to release my heart and trust completely in the Lord? Why must I or we or you hold onto and trust our own thinking and not fully trust in the Lord? Has blindness occurred to such a degree that we know better than Jesus?

I wonder... where is the wonder of Christ? I peer back into my life and heart and cry out for the wonder of Jesus, my Lord. This is not the wonder tied to signs but the wonder of who He is... instead of what He does.

The question is, can I, will I surrender all of the areas of my life to Him? Oh, the heart longs to do just that... but then it pulls back and holds back.

Like you then I live with the enlightened joy of His peace and the grieving heart that longs to delight fully in His wonder.

For it's not a sign that I seek after, nor a gift, nor an overflowing pouring of blessing but the wonder of His heart and the quivering of my soul in the close relationship of Him called, Wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home