Friday, June 09, 2006

Cleanse Me {Psalm 51}

"Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin" Psalm 51:2

We cannot make things right with God on our own. We cannot cleanse ourselves from our sin. We need help. We need a Savior. No great work on our part will suffice. No great deed or sacrifice will clear our slate before the eyes of Almighty God. We are helpless.

All that we can do is admit our sin. Admit our wrong doing. Admit our failure to walk righteous before him who is Holy, Righteous, who is God. We must admit our sin with no excuses. Excuses are not justified, we are responsible and no one else.

The Lamb of God, Him that was slain for our iniquities will cleanse us from all of our sin. Not some of them-all of them. Christ's ministry extends beyond the cross, the grave, and is with us today.

It is to those who know to do right and have not done so that Christ calls on. Repent and be broken--may our laughter be turned to tears, may we weep at our transgressions for truly our hearts tells us this is needed?

Father, lead us to repent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shaun Sells said...

Michael, I read a few blogs ago that you were coming home, but I haven't seen you yet. Is it true? Are you really back (home I mean)?

18:49  
Blogger Michael Byrd said...

Thanks Shaun..., yes, I returned home last week. I plan on seeing you during one of the Sunday's services. God Bless! mb

20:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home