Saturday, June 10, 2006

I know my Transgression {Psalm 51}

For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Psalm 51:3

The heart knows its own sin…

Yes, the heart knows its own sin so very well. As previously stated… the Spirit first whispers to our hearts our sin. The whisper fills our ears, our minds, our souls, and our being. The message is strong at first but as we ignore its urgings, the whispers grow fainter and fainter until they stop passing across the heart. The conscience is seared as with a hot-iron, the sin becomes a strong-hold in our life, and we become its captive.

That’s why morning… afternoon… evening… our minds can often be haunted, sometimes tormented--troubled due to some nagging sin-some lingering guilt-some wall of flesh that separates our hearts from that of Christ.

The solution is before us, a prayer of faith. A pray of repentance.

Heavenly Father, forgive us our sins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home