Saturday, November 01, 2008

Change is Coming

Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of My pasture!" declares the LORD. Therefore thus says the LORD God of Israel concerning the shepherds who are tending My people: "You have scattered My flock and driven them away, and have not attended to them; behold, I am about to attend to you for the evil of your deeds," declares the LORD. Then I Myself will gather the remnant of My flock out of all the countries where I have driven them and bring them back to their pasture, and they will be fruitful and multiply.[Israel] "I will also raise up shepherds over them and they will tend them; and they will not be afraid any longer, nor be terrified, nor will any be missing," declares the LORD. "Behold, the days are coming," declares the LORD, "When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; and He will reign as king and act wisely and do justice and righteousness in the land. Jeremiah 23:1-5

Our nation holds its discontented breath as the days tick closer to the voting booth and a new national leader. So, which leader to choose…? That’s a matter of debate, opinion, their record, and conscience. Yet, even more important than the election is this question… who truly gives power to a leader, to lead?

The Bible clearly states that God places people in key positions. It is God who decides who rules and who does not. Throughout His Word we see that he raises one leader and brings down another. For He has a plan and a purpose. A plan that utilizes either the positive or negative aspects of any leader. All to fulfill his plan, his desire.

For the truth is this… there is an Almighty God who rules in the hearts and minds of leaders. He turns their heart just as easy as we turn on or off a water faucet (Proverb 21:1). God turns our leaders hearts to fulfill his great plan, his great design. That desire, the ultimate glory and honor to the coming King, Jesus Christ.

For that to happen, change must occur. We live in a world that has rejected Christ, rejected his teachings, and hardened its heart to the movement of His Spirit. For this there is but one recourse. Judgment.

A judgment never before seen, a judgment unimaginable and unthinkable, a judgment of fire. A judgment that will wipe out 30% of those living (Revelation 9:15), a time of sorrow called the Tribulation (Revelation 7:14). A judgment to renew this earth and install a righteous leader, our Lord Jesus Christ.

“Seeing that these things are thus all to be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy living and godliness, looking for and earnestly desiring the coming of the day of God, by reason of which the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat… (2 Peter 3:11-12).

So, there is work to be done. A work… on the heart. My heart needs to change, my anxieties need a good swift kick… my priorities realigned, and my focus… on living an influential life for good. To every moment afforded me speak the ‘Good News’ of Christ, either in word or deed (1 John 3:18). To give and not keep, sow and not reap, bless and not curse, love and not hate. Change is indeed coming… I pray it occurs in my heart… and in yours!

‘Lord you are coming. With each day I grow more excited at your return and my ending this journey through a very barren and foreign land. Heaven is my home, your are my Father, and to reside in your glory, my dream. Change the corruptible character within me so that I might shine forth your glory and your character. Help our nation, not economically, politically, or militarily, but help us to repent and to turn our hard hearts to you.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home