Monday, February 06, 2006

Give Unto The Lord

Luke 6:38"Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure--pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return."

I think that most of us have heard this passage before and if you are like me you often think of it in a monetary way. Yet, I feel there is so much more than our money that we give to the Lord.

Some people seem to have more time than others… do they give that time to the Lord or to themselves? I’m ever learning that doing things for myself comes so natural-so easy because it does not require much thought. But spending my time for the Lord and for his glory is something altogether different. It takes a constant awareness of God’s presence; a prayerful attitude, a sharpening of the senses that can only come from God. For with myself I naturally avoid God when there’s any hint of sin in my life. You know, that something that the Spirit wanted you to obey—to take a right when you took a left. And at first it may have bothered you a little but then you do it again or make a mistake in another area of your life and all this sin stuff in your heart just seems to build up. After a while, if you are like me, you just feel so weighed down… and so empty. You know, it’s really easy to remove that load-just repent and go right next time…

Heavenly Father, you’ve been so good, so kind, so merciful to my heart and life today. Help me, teach me to give my time, my resources to you-for it really all does belong to you anyway… and forgive me for the many times when I take part of my life back or when I waste time foolishly. Teach me to give just as you’ve given and will give forever without end. Glory and Praise to your name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home