Saturday, March 04, 2006

"God Saves"

“She [Mary] will bring a son to birth, and when she does, you, Joseph, will name him Jesus--"God saves'--because he will save his people from their sins. This would bring the prophet's embryonic sermon to full term: Watch for this--a virgin will get pregnant and bear a son; they will name him Emmanuel (Hebrew for "God is with us"). Matthew 1:21 - Matthew 1:23; Is 7:14; Is 9:6, 7; Is 8:10

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life” John 3:16. Reflect on that for a moment…

God, in his infinite love for lost mankind decided that a Savior, His Son, would come to this earth through a virgin. Not with great triumph or recognition but in obscurity. For loves and God saves!

Through faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and through repentance (2 Peter 3:9) of our sins (Romans 2:4), we become right with God (2 Corinthians 5:21). This is the foundation of our faith and the everlasting encouragement and praise on our lips!
~

“Let's take our place outside with Jesus, no longer pouring out the sacrificial blood of animals but pouring out sacrificial praises from our lips to God in Jesus' name. Hebrews 13:15.

~

Lord Jesus… thank you for coming as a child, to a virgin, to save me from my sins. Lord Jesus, I’m a sinner saved by faith. I believe that you are Lord and Savior full of goodness and the greatest mercy. Thank you for this ‘great salvation’; for cleansing me from my sins and teaching me daily how to fall more in love with you. I love you, I praise you, and I glorify your Holy name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home