Thursday, March 02, 2006

You are a Promise and Precious to God!

"For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth".

I think I was 18 or 19 when I heard a song played that deeply touched my heart. That song, "I am a promise," lives with me even to day. Part of the lyrics goes, "I am a promise, I am a possibility, I am a promise, with a capitol P, I am a great big bundle of potentialitiy... I am promised to be anything God wants me to be..."
That little tune touches my heart because it reminds me of my value and yours. Recall that in Genesis that all the animals were spoken into existance... But not man, God dug into the earth, got some mud, formed it with his fingers and by his hands created man. God's finger prints, his image was give placed on man, God's precious treasure and creation.
The world values good looks, success, beauty, and riches. If a person is old and not young, over-weight and not slender, poor and not rich then to the world their value is diminished-to them a person is not worth very much.
God considers every person, regardless -- precious! This includes the poor, the needy, the ugly, the old and young, the simple and brillant, and even those who do not love him - everyone! We are of the highest value in the sight of God.
God knows all the hair on your head, every wrinkle, every single detail about your life. His loves and considers you more valuable than his comfort, his reputation, his honor, and even his majestic glory. We have potential to do great and wonderful things in God, surely you are of great, so very great value!
Jesus, thank you for the value that you've placed on our hearts and lives. Help us each day to encourage one another of the importance of each other, the preciousness of one another, the treasure to one another and to you that we are. We have confidence because of your love on our lives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home