Friday, May 12, 2006

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

I guess it was about five years ago now that Jeff sat me down and explained to me that my thinking was all wrong. He had a very hard time convincing me… but over time his words began to sink in. One of my favorite tidbits of the good advice that he gave me was to start my day out with song. So on many mornings, rain or shine, snow or spring I’m blessed in the singing to myself of, ‘Oh What a Beautiful Morning.’ Now, over the years I’ve modified those wonderful words penned by Oscar Hammerstein II to include these verses:

‘Gone are the dark past that bound me,
Gone are the bitter tears too
I’m healed through Christ my redeemer
For his love is my cure
&
‘Today is a beautiful blessing
Today God will speak to my heart
There’s joy in my soul this morning
Christ’s joy will never depart’
&
Before me a mansion is waiting,
Where I will sing evermore,
A song of my Savior’s redeeming
A song I will sing evermore…’

Thank you brother Jeff wherever the Lord has you, whatever he has you do… I’m grateful and changed by your counsel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home