Sunday, May 07, 2006

Judgement and Repentance

“I the LORD have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent; according to thy ways, and according to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the Lord GOD”. Ezekiel 24:14

If we are honest with ourselves we will recognized that many of the problems that we face today… we created. Like everyone else, I don’t naturally like to take the blame… I prefer to pass it on. It’s easier on my conscience to blame someone else, a system, the environment, or something else… anything but turn that look inward.

Yet, truth indicates that I’m at fault for the bad things I do and no one else. I’m responsible for my own actions, attitudes, and behavior. The day is coming, and shortly I believe, when I will stand before God and He will judge me… Romans 2:16, 2 Timothy 4:1, 1 Peter 4:5, John 12:48 just as God will judge us all.

It is needful to look to ourselves… to “judge ourselves” 1 Corinthians 11:31 and to repent.

Repentance takes time, takes effort, takes a searching of our hearts… a decision. Repentance comes from the heart and not just the mouth… it brings brokenness… a brokenness that God desires to see in His people, in us all. God can use a broken vessel… for the vessel fully trusts and obeys and acknowledges the need for help.

Will our hearts be broken and repent before God?

Heavenly Father, help us to judge ourselves, to reflect on our behavior before your ever watching gaze. O God, lead our hearts into brokenness, and back to the cross of Christ Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home