Saturday, October 11, 2008

No thanks, I'll pass...

“Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” Philippians 4:6 (The Message)
~
Or, to put it in ‘NFL’ terms, when all else fails, get rid of the ball! Most of the time, ‘passing the ball of concern’ to Jesus is simply the best way.
~
Most of the time it’s not all that good when the quarterback (QB) holds on to the ball for way too long… usually he gets crunch between linemen, hated by his teammates, or told to warm the bench by a steamed coach… Its never good to hold on to a concern for way too long… its better to pass it along by praying and giving it to the Lord.
~
Try it and you will be surprised! Ugly linemen won’t crush you… some of the things that you are so worried about will find a way of working themselves out… your teammates will appreciate your cool head when others are flipping-out and coach will admire your character and place more trust in you… by humbling yourself… you are now set to lead.
~
All this because you prayed. All this because you recognized that you needed help and so you turned your heart to the Lord and simply asked, ‘Lord, can you help me with this’!?
~
‘Lord Jesus, I need your help every day. The ball of concern and worry that I’ve held on to is way too heavy. Will you help me? Will you take my life, my problems, and my worries and help me with them? I know that you’ve helped me in the past and I know that nothing is impossible with you. Lord, I put my trust in you and look to you for help. Thank you!’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home