Tuesday, November 04, 2008

When in Doubt ask for Help

If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open. James 1:5-8 (Message)

At work, at home, at night, and in the morning I ask for help. I ask because I need it. This ole’ Texan needs all the help that heaven will give, and then some. Everyday I’m amazed and overjoyed at the good folks that come my way… to help me. Somewhere, I’m sure there are angels working overtime… and someday I plan on thanking them personally… J Do you think heaven has… take out?

Now, I’ve not always been this way… I’ve not always asked for help. In my youth I did not need help. I knew what to do, where to go, and how to get what I wanted… yep, I had it all figured out. In the midst of my self-centeredness and arrogance the grace of Christ touched my heart and I’ve not been the same since.

So I’ve grown accustomed to praying. At first mainly out of need but now out of a desire to acknowledge Christ in my heart, my thoughts, and in my life. So that Christ working in me might make a difference… impact the lives of others… if just for a moment…

Now, I’m certainly not perfect. I make mistakes each and everyday… some that others clearly see and others that are not so well known but still I pray on, I need the help so that I can help others.

Does Christ answer prayers… you should see my prayer journal… its full of green and yellow highlights that points clearly to his answer and more importantly… of his great love for us all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home