Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Believing God's Promises

“Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

It is of the greatest comfort to know that God is with you. So many times our negative thought life tells us just the opposite. How often do we hear in our minds, “well, you really screwed up now, there’s no way God is going to listen to your prayer,” or “God must be against me” or “God will never forgive me for doing that”.

The opposite is the case. If you are a person seeking after God and seeking his truth then the promise of Isaiah 41:10 is with you. You can stand on this scripture, you can hope and believe the reality of God’s Word. Your doubts may inflict you, your emotions may scream doubt, fear, and anxiety but it is our ‘will’ that places our trust in God Almighty. Our minds are frail and faulty and our emotions fickle but God’s truth and promises are eternal and sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home