Monday, March 16, 2009

Let it Ride

Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. James 1:2-4

Like many of you I’ve read this passage many times. And many times I’ve thought I have this down pat… well, I don’t. Like cold water hitting a hot frying pan I still jump to conclusions or explode when trying times come my way. I’m still far from the maturity taught here by James. How about you?

What I hear James say is… let it ride. That is, when trying times come you way how about sitting still and doing little. Allow the pain of loss, the embarrassment of failure, the burning of pride, the pressure shape the character of Christ in our hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home