Friday, March 31, 2006

A time for change

"Then we turned and set out for the wilderness by the way to the Red Sea, as the LORD spoke to me, and circled Mount Seir for many days. And the LORD spoke to me, saying, 'You have circled this mountain long enough.” Deuteronomy 2:1-3

Have you circled around a problem that you know that the Lord wants you to change?[1] The best of your effort has left you weary and tired of trying.[2] Then you are in the place that God wants you![3] At the realization of your frailty, when you know that you need help and that you alone cannot do it, you need a Savior.[4] This is the lesson that God wants us to learn. That we are dependent upon Him and Him alone!

You can, if you must, continue around the mountain and enjoy the misery of knowing that by your own works that you are doing something – but are you doing what God wants you to do, really? Or, do you believe a lie? Ask that question of your own heart, God’s Spirit will show you the truth – just listen.[5]

What mountains do your circle?

Are you tired yet, ready for the Savior help?

Who are you dependent on?

Does your religion cause you to miss God?

Do you listen to God’s Spirit?

Father, teach us to rely on you. May your Spirit lead us away from the mountains that we walk around and into pathways of your delight. Help us Lord to listen to the gentle moving of your Spirit as it whispers across our hearts and directs them to your precious Word!

[1] Jeremiah 10:24 Correct me, O LORD, but with justice; Not with Your anger, or You will bring me to nothing.
[2] Psalm 32:3 When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away through my groaning all day long; Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
[3] Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit; Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.
[4] Mark 2:17 And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
[5] John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home