Monday, March 27, 2006

You alone are my heart's desire

Because he was very thirsty, he cried out to the LORD, "You have given your servant this great victory. Must I now die of thirst and fall into the hands of the uncircumcised?" Then God opened up the hollow place in Lehi, and water came out of it. When Samson drank, his strength returned and he revived. Judges 15:-18-19

You ever feel like that… feel as if you’ve done the best that you can do and that God is now letting you down because you face a new hardship. You’ve given God the honor of the victory; you’ll trying your best to die to self…

Ever just get frustrated with yourself, your job, your life, your circumstance and just blurt out “why, why are you doing this to me, God”?

Today please remember… that even if you make a mistake, or you cry out to God and ask Him “why”; even if you are struggling with the frustration of pain… that won’t go away, or you don’t know what step to take next, or you just feel tired… weak after a fight with the elements of the world… with the sin within each of us…

Remember… that God is faithful. When you cry out, He will answer you. He will make a way when there seems no way, and often it is when we are at the end of the rope or in a crisis like Samson…


AS THE DEER

As the deer panteth for the water,
So my soul longeth after Thee.
You alone are my heart's desire,
And I long to worship Thee.

You alone are my strength, my shield,
To You alone may my spirit yield.
You alone are my heart's desire,
And I long to worship Thee.

I want You more than gold or silver,
Only You can satisfy.
You alone are the real joy giver,
And the apple of my eye.

You're my friend and You are my brother,
Even though You are a king.
I love You more than any other,
So much more than anything.

CCLI #1360011
Martin J. Nystrom, © 1984 Maranatha Praise, Inc.

Father, thank you for your faithfulness to help us in our times of need!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home