Friday, March 10, 2006

Ask, Seek, & Knock

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

The other night I was invited to dinner with a group of people and we enjoyed each other’s company and good food. While some were finishing their meal I needed to step out and make a phone call. When I arrived back at the table most of the dishes were already cleared and I asked someone sitting next to me, ‘so what’s going on.’ He answered that ‘we are waiting on the bill so that we can leave.’ I asked him for how long, and he said ‘for a long while’. So I got up and once finding a waitress I requested the final bills to be delivered at our table, a few minutes later they arrived.

The same applies in our prayer life. If we need something we ask God. If we have a question or a concern or a need for wisdom we ask him and He will provide. For God will honor initiative. If and when we move towards him He will answer by moving closer to us in prayer and in our daily lives.

Too often, I think, ‘well, I’m not going to pray about this situation because it’s not all that important, it’s too small for God’. Yet, that kind of thinking is not the truth-it’s an error. For everything is important to God, from the smallest detail to the largest-for they are the same to him… what he’s really looking at anyway is our hearts… our attitudes… our motivation.

May we all take the smallest to the largest details of our lives to Christ each day, we’ll be amazed at how the day will change!

Heavenly Father, no detail, no matter how small is too small or great for you. May our hearts be filled with constant prayer and constant praise towards and for you each and every day. Teach us and help us to pray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home