Monday, April 24, 2006

A Time to Laugh...

A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance. Ecclesiastes 3:4

Sometimes we can get too busy to just laugh at our selves. I know this is a common occurrence for me… being all work and no play… a real dull-boy at times. I believe that God has a sense of humor. I mean, look at us… we’re on a planet zipping through space and too often we think way too highly about ourselves--so much so at times that theorists conjure-up all kinds of really-funny stuff. Makes you wonder--how can folks believe their theories? Anyway, sometimes we take ourselves too seriously, I do. The Christian walk is not about self, it’s about loving God and helping others… sometimes that means sharing a joke… a clean-one… or pulling a harmless prank on someone, just to keep them on their toes…

Laughter in the workplace has a way of bringing people together, it’s certainly better than being sour-faced all the time-again, I’m... pointing the finger at myself and not at others…

So consider a little laughter today… I’ve heard its good medicine… and the Jesus that I love--I believe that he was quick to laugh… or you?

Father, you’ve made good wholesome laughter for our benefit. A benefit that too often we take for granted. This life certainly has a lot of pain, frustration, and anguish about it—but there’s also a lot that’s just… funny. Remind us to laugh at ourselves and along the way inspire others to laugh at life… as well…


http://www.christiancartoons.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home